507 Members Note!
Be sure to see
the Calendar for detailed information about troop activities and to stay informed.
For New Scouts: Frequently Asked Questions! We will update this periodically, so send any suggestions to the Scoutmasters.
Who We Are:
Troop 507 is a High Adventure troop. We like to
do activities that give us a chance to experience the best of
the outdoors. Some of the traditional activities of our troop include:
- Hiking a segment of the John Muir Trail each summer
- Rock Climbing in Joshua Tree NP
- White water rafting on the Kern & American Rivers
- Backpacking Angeles NF & Sierras
- Exploring Death Valley NP & Anza Borrego Deserts
- Skiing and snowboarding in winter
- Canoeing on the Colorado River
- Backpacking Havasupai Canyon
- Philmont Scout Ranch & Boundry Waters
- Attend National & World Jamboree
A list of the typical year long calendar
of activities we conduct can be found here.
We emphasize learning and practicing basic scouting skills. This allows our scouts to advance in rank. We have a number of merit badge sessions available throughout the year for a variety
of merit badges. Leadership is very important in our troop. We
are a scout-led troop. A boy between 11-18 years old simply cannot
get better or more real practical leadership training than in Boy
Guests are always welcome at our Troop Meetings.
Troop 507 meets almost every Tuesday Evening during the school year from 7:30PM to
8:30PM in the Parish Hall at St.
Bede The Venerable Catholic Church in La Cañada. We
do not meet on holidays or during the summer (see
the Calendar for details).